We specialize in the enforcement of unsatisfied civil judgments in New York. We hunt the debtor down! We garnish their wages, attach their bank accounts, and seize their assets as allowed by law! We do whatever is necessary to enforce your justly awarded court judgment!

CJC Judgment & Paralegal Services is dedicated to the enforcement of civil judgments. You assign your judgment in its entirety for a agreed upon time frame. We cover all the costs and expenses incurred in locating the judgment debtor and enforcing the judgment. We make our money only from the judgment debtor, at no cost to you.*

The fact is – almost 80% of all judgments are never recovered. Your judgment may have been awarded by the court but enforcement is your responsibility. CJC Judgment & Paralegal Services can succeed where you haven’t! We have the resources, expertise, and determination to enforce the judgment you worked so hard to get. We will conduct a thorough investigation to uncover any assets or sources of income, and take whatever steps are necessary to legally seize them!

 If you have a valid court awarded judgment of $2,500 or more, we will use every method at our disposal to recover the full amount of the unpaid judgment plus any interest that has accrued since the judgment was issued. We will track the judgment debtor down even if he or she has moved to another state. We have access to both private and public databases that allow us to ‘skip-trace’ the debtor and to locate any assets that he or she may have. As allowed by law, we will garnish wages, attach bank accounts, and seize assets as necessary. If possible, we will try to do so without any notification or confrontation. In short, we will enforce the judgment that was legally and rightfully awarded to you by the courts. 

 We neither charge an application fee nor require you to cover any expenses.* We purchase the judgment from you for a percentage of the award amount through assignment. We bear all expenses and legal costs incurred in the enforcement process. We are currently accepting assigned judgments awarded in NY only.

*  set up fee applies in some cases.

**CJC is a registered New York debt collector.


Judgment Application

Submit Your Case

To get the ball rolling, please complete the application. It would also be helpful to send us a copy of the judgment order itself as it contains a lot of necessary information. There is no obligation on your part for the consulation.

Frequently Asked Questions

Is there a statute of limitations on executing my judgment?

 Yes. Your state law sets a limit on how long a judgment is enforceable, called a Statute of Limitations. This period is usually from 5 to 20 years starting on the date your judgment was awarded. Some states provide a means of renewing your judgment for an additional period of time.

Does interest accrue on my judgment?

Usually, yes. Most judgments include a provision for the payment of interest from the day it was awarded. The actual interest rate and calculation process varies from state to state. With interest, your judgment could be worth significantly more than the day it was awarded.

Why shouldn't I use an attorney to enforce my judgment?

Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.

How about using a collection service?

A collection service may contact the debtor and irritate him to death! They may even place a black mark on his credit report. But, they rarely collect! And with the passage of the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) a debtor has the right to just tell a third-party debt collector to cease all communications.

How will you determine the value of my judgment?

We will conduct a preliminary investigation, at our expense, to determine the judgment debtor’s ability to pay. After the purchase we will have the legal right to fully investigate the judgment debtor, and in accordance with the laws of your state, proceed with our enforcement efforts. Only after our full investigation can we actually determine the true value of the judgment.

How long before I will actually see results?

It all depends on the difficulty in locating the judgment debtor and uncovering assets. Some debtors are pretty adept at hiding their assets. They often appear to live without any ‘normal’ means of support. We will try our best to get results in the first few weeks but it could take months in a difficult case.


I have a judgment awarded in one state against a debtor who resides in another state. Can that judgment be enforced?

In most cases, yes. Especially if the judgment debtor answered your complaint or made an appearance in court. If the judgment debtor didn’t appear, the judgment is called a default judgment which is considered a weaker judgment. Each of us have the right to confront our accusers and to defend against legal claims. So, if the debtor is able to show the court that he was not properly notified, or served in the wrong capacity, he can file a motion asking the court to set aside the judgment. Overcoming this hurdle can be one of the most difficult in any enforcement effort. Especially when done across state lines.

How does all this work?

First, we complete an agreement detailing the specifics of the purchase of your judgment. If acceptable, you will then assign the judgment to us making us the assignee of record. Once we have filed the assignment documents with the court we will have the legal right to investigate the judgment debtor and proceed with the process of enforcement. You will receive your money based on the agreement we have reached.

I'm sold! What is my next step?

Just complete the short online application. We will contact you and send the necessary documents for your signature. On return of the signed documents we will immediately initiate enforcement of the judgment. Fill out the application by clicking here